It has been long due. Just built a new desktop. Here are different parts I used to build this beauty. (Updated Cost)
- i7 4790 3.6 GHz (Haswell) - Can't Reveal - (Market Price $300)
- Asus Micro MATX B85-G R2.0 Intel LGA1150 - $50
- ADATA XPG V1.0 DDR3 1866 2x4 GB RAM - $50
- OCZ Vertex 460A Series 2.5" 240 GB - $60
- WD Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache - $45
- Ultra LSP V2 650 Watt PSU - $30
- Ultra XBlaster Pro U12-42350 Case - $15
- Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Burner - $20
- Das Keyboard V4
- Evoluent Ergo Right Mouse
Total Value - $580 (Excluding Keyboard/Mouse)
It is up and running Arch Linux with BTFRS file system, Plasma 5 Desktop and so on. Over the next few posts, I will be posting my installation ordeals.
Do not forget to add your comments below. Please add your alternative solutions to anything I did.
Stay in touch
Like the posts you see here? Sign up to get notified about new ones.
Get The Best Of Posts Delivered To Your Inbox
Subscribe to my newsletter and stay updated.