Today, I share one of my favorite dishes - Aloo Paratha. It is a dish of mashed potato stuffed bread from the Northern India. It is my favorite breakfast dish when I am in India.
Here is my try in making some edible parathas. It might take few trials in making a perfectly round-shaped Paratha. Please share your views and inputs in comments below.Table of Contents
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp Gamram Masala
- 1⁄2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1⁄2 Medium Onion
- Salt to Taste
- 4 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 4-5 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 tbsp Black Indian Onion Seeds (Kalaunji)
- 1 tbsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Boil and peel Potatoes.
- Mash boiled Potatoes and mix salt and chili flakes.
- In a skillet heat oil and add Garam Masala.
- Once it start to sputter, add cut onions.
- Add rest of spices and fry until golden brown.
- Add mashed Potatoes mix and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Knead flour with Ajwain, Kalaunji and salt.
- Make small balls
- Make craters in the balls and fill them with the stuffing.
- Roll these into flat circular breads, typical Indian Bread shape.
- Heat these slowly on a skillet on each side.
- Once almost cooked, apply some butter or Ghee.
Let it cool before serving. It can be served with Indian spicy pickle and yogurt (Dahi).