I have started eating a lot of greens these days. As a kid, I always loved a vegetable made by my mom, which was made of red leaves, called "Laal Saag" in Hindi. I could never find what exactly was the English/American name for those leaves.
Recently, at one of the Korean grocery stores, I came across red Amaranth leaves. Those looked strikingly similar to the red leaves that I used to have back home in India.
So, here is my super fast and healthy recipe for these red leaves. It took me just 10 minutes ( 5 Minutes Preparation + 5 Minutes Cooking).
- 1 Bunch Red Amaranth Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Mustard Black Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the leaves thoroughly in running water and chop them (about 1 inch cuts).
- Heat a deep pan on Medium for about 1 minute and then pour olive oil into it.
- After about 30 seconds, Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds after another 30 seconds.
- Once Seeds start to pop, add cut leaves into the pan.
- Add salt, close the lid and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the leaves have lost water, add all the spices and keep frying until things are dry (about 2-3 minutes).
You can serve this with any Indian bread, or with rice and lentils (Daal).
Stay in touch
Like the posts you see here? Sign up to get notified about new ones.
Get The Best Of Posts Delivered To Your Inbox
Subscribe to my newsletter and stay updated.